Outreach Radio is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us and help continue the success of helping local businesses grow in the South Hampshire & Isle of Wight area.
As a Sales Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for generating income for Outreach Radio from advertising sales and sponsorship. The role is target-driven, with the main aim being to achieve agreed minimum monthly revenues.
You will work closely with volunteers involved in many on air aspects of the radio station. They will ensure that station output supports revenue generation and that clients receive a consistently high quality of service.
- Sourcing, identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Establishing and developing long-term business relationships
- Generating creative solutions and presenting to clients
- Working with clients and the creative team to produce adverts
- Reporting to the Station Managing Director, delivering accurate monthly reports and revenue forecasts
- Excellent organisational, sales & business skills – and the drive to sell
- The confidence and determination to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure deals
- Excellent communication & team skills with the ability to be friendly and diplomatic
- Creative thinking and can generate original ideas, with an eye for detail
- Self-sufficiency, the ability to plan and manage workloads and can work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling
- Connections and familiarity with South Hampshire
The roles requires knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire:
- Familiarity of the radio station, our programmes and audience
- An understanding of the role of OfCom, the industry regulator
- Knowledge of the advertising law, ethics and industry regulations around radio sales
- Understanding the relevant copyright and music clearances required
- Understanding of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
Outreach Radio is a new Local Radio Station covering South Hampshire & the Isle of Wight. We broadcast 24 hours-a-day on DAB Digital Radio, online and on mobiles to an area that includes coverage of towns and cities including Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester and Chichester.